Knowing Him More



First post of the new year.  I’ve had to sit back and wonder what all it will bring for this new year.  More pain?  More joy?  More everything.  Maybe even more nothing.  But, always, always, more of the grace of God.  More of getting to know Jesus better.  More of reaching deep, digging into His heart, His word.  More of choosing to breathe in the knowledge and truth of His presence in moments when we can barely go on. 
And this Man of men.  He asks me to trust Him.  With everything.  All the broken bits that I’m not sure are fixable.  All the messy parts that get so muddied from sin.  Every last joy, every last pain.  He asks me to trust Him.  He asks me to let Him carry it.  “Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” (Matthew 11:28-30)  Rest.  There are days when I wonder if that rest is attainable and gently He brings me precious memories of His rest.  Rest that made me so fearless and courageous.  Rest that shattered fears of all kinds.  Rest that simply let me be me in Him.  Rest that didn’t make me strive for things.  Rest that gave me life.  With rest comes trust.  And with trust comes rest.  And as I reread the verses just above, my mind caught on the phrase “I am gentle and lowly in heart.”  Would that this next year in this journey I now know of as life, that in my treasure hunt to find His glory that He would instill that phrase into my heart.  That He would become even more the essence that makes me breathe.   
YAHWEH.


Comments

Popular Posts