Never Lose Your Wonder

Today, I took a lesson from a child.
To never lose my wonder.
We all do though, right?

As adults, we get jaded by the world, and we lose our sense of wonder. We lose wonder in God, of what He did for us. We lose the wonder of His created beauty surrounding us. We lose wonder in our relationships, friend or otherwise. We lose wonder in the little things that used to delight us as children.

Picture with me: I am sitting on a tile floor, watching with a smile as my little guy gazes in awe at the yellow strainer he holds. He turns it over, and slams it down on the floor. Picking it up again, he licks it, curious at its taste. He puts his face into the strainer, delighted that he can see through the small squares. Giggling, he throws it down again, crawling toward me. Climbing into my lap, he smiles at me and giggles some more. Such wonder, wonder of a strainer. And I had to think.

What would it be, what would it look like, if I had such wonder and delight toward my Savior?
Oh, that I would take such delight in tasting and seeing. To wonder at His creation all around me.
To ponder the colors and delight in His presence. To rest in grand arms of peace. To take time and delight in a friend, to treasure the friendship and heart of my mom. To hold closely the wisdom of my dad. To dance before my heavenly Father.

To never lose the wonder.

Comments

Popular Posts