I am officially back in the state of Ohio, but being back has brought in another state, one of serious blondness.  I'm not sure if I'm digressing or if this is simply a stage that I'm going through.  God forbid that it's the former. 

 I had quite a jolly time of getting back to Ohio; I was very blessed on both my flights to have a seat to myself.  When my dad had bought my ticket, he had made sure that I would have the option of wheelchair service should I have needed it.  I, being the stubborn person I am, never used it :)  Be that as it may, I landed in Columbus at 1:10 p.m. on Saturday the 25th.  Needless to say, I did not make it back to my house until 4:30ish; we'll just say that we got majorly side-tracked.  It was really good to be back in my own room, though I love my room out there. 

I am working right now; I've worked 3ish days since I've been back.  I'm working at a Christian bookstore that had actually been my very first job; I was very blessed that they are letting me be there and that they are being so flexible on hours.  It's been really good being back there and getting to hang out with some of the people I used to work with.  I've also been having a jolly time socializing with everyone around here.  This last Saturday morning, I got to go eat breakfast with my mom, grandma, four of my uncles, and mom's first cousin.  It was such a grand time because we're sitting there at the restaurant and it felt like the entire town was drawn to our table; we'll just put it like this: my family seems to know EVERYONE! 

I officially had my first orthopedic appointment (in Ohio) this past Wednesday.  My x-rays once again confirmed that nothing was broken.  I had an MRI on Thursday that confirmed a torn ACL, a torn meniscus, and some bone bruising (which originally my surgeon had told me that if I have a certain kind of bone bruising, that I would be on crutches for a year), luckily it was that kind of bruising.  Currently, I'm second on a donor list, waiting for a patella or some other such grand tissue, ligament, etc., from someone.  My surgeon told me that normally he wouldn't let me use a donor because my knee was not nearly as bad as Jill's (my cousin), but that since he knew that I wanted to get back out to Colorado asap, that he would make an exception for me.  Bless his heart.  My prayer is that this week they'll call me and tell me that two donors came in and that I can have surgery Friday or next Tuesday, but only God knows if that will happen.  Another prayer I have is that I can have surgery in these next two weeks, because if I can't, I'll have to wait until the last week in March because my surgeon is going on vacation the third week.  So I would definitely welcome any prayers that someone would throw my way.

I will also not lie that it was rough accepting that fact that I was coming back to Ohio for surgery.  I absolutely LOVE it out in Colorado, and while it wasn't always a fairy tale, I am most definitely looking forward to going back to it!  God has been wonderfully gracious though, in allowing me to understand why He brought me back here for this time.  He's already shown me several reasons as to why I'm back here, which has made it easier, knowing that He has me back here as part of His plan. 

Here is a verse that I am holding close to my heart as God's promise to me throughout whatever will happen with my knee; I think this verse is so powerful.
And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes and be careful to obey my rules.  You shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers, and you shall be my people, and I will be your God.   -Ezekiel 36:26-28


Always,
Kelly

Comments

Popular Posts